From comprehensive diagnostics to open-heart surgery and cardiac rehabilitation, UT Health East Texas combines recognized cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons with the region's most advanced technology. With access to the latest imaging tools, research and therapies, our cardiac specialists are dedicated to improving your access to quality heart care.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 903-596-DOCS.
We are proud to offer the latest in diagnostic technology for heart problems, including:
- MyHeart First – seven important heart screenings for detecting cardiovascular problems before they become life-threatening, bundled together in one appointment at one low price of $149. To make an appointment, call 903-531-8000 and press 8.
- Calcium scoring – a CT scan to identify calcified plaque in the coronary arteries and determine your risk of heart attack. We offer calcium scoring at the special low price of $75, with or without a physician referral.
- Echocardiography – an ultrasound procedure to observe the function of your heart valves and chambers.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – a test of the electrical activity of your heart to diagnose arrhythmia and irregular heartbeat.
- Event and Holter monitoring – small, portable ECG devices that record your heart’s electrical activity for long periods of time while you do your normal activities.
- Nuclear stress testing – a form of nuclear medicine used to measure blood flow to your heart while at rest, and again while working harder, as a result of exertion or medication.
- Stress echocardiography – an ultrasound imaging test that shows how well your heart muscle pumps blood during periods of rest and exercise.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) – a procedure that involves inserting a thin tube into your esophagus to obtain very clear images of heart structures and valves.