East Texas Heart and Vascular Institute Athens
Heart Care at UT Health Athens
The Cardiologists at UT Health East Texas Physicians Athens offer exceptional care using the latest tools and technology.
- cardiology consultation to review your history, listen to your concerns and conduct a physical evaluation
- tests to determine health and heart issues
- treatment for heart and vascular conditions
- heart arrhythmia treatment
- heart failure management
- follow-up care after heart attack
- peripheral vascular disease treatment
- access to clinical trials when appropriate
Our goal is to stop the progression of heart disease, no matter the stage at which it’s caught.
Cardiovascular imaging at UT Health Athens
We are proud to offer the latest in diagnostic technology for heart problems, including:
- MyHeart First – seven important heart screenings for detecting cardiovascular problems before they become life-threatening, bundled together in one appointment at one low price of $149. To make an appointment, call 903-676-2169.
- Calcium scoring – a CT scan to identify calcified plaque in the coronary arteries and determine your risk of heart attack. We offer calcium scoring at the special low price of $75, with or without a physician referral. To make an appointment for CT Calcium scoring at UT Health Athens, call 903-531-8000 ext. 1.
- Echocardiography – an ultrasound procedure to observe the function of your heart valves and chambers.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – a test of the electrical activity of your heart to diagnose arrhythmia and irregular heartbeat.
- Event and Holter monitoring – small, portable ECG devices that record your heart’s electrical activity for long periods of time while you do your normal activities.
- Nuclear stress testing – a form of nuclear medicine used to measure blood flow to your heart while at rest and again while working harder as a result of exertion or medication.
- Stress echocardiography – an ultrasound imaging test that shows how well your heart muscle pumps blood during periods of rest and exercise.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) – a procedure that involves inserting a thin tube into your esophagus to obtain very clear images of heart structures and valves.